Masculine Watercolor 'Striping'

Catherine Pooler demonstrated a card on StampNation the
other day - LOVE IT!!!
Here's a little peak at what her card looks like.


For the background she dragged her ink pads across the paper - that's it!
Gorgeous right?!
Another StampNation member tried the same thing on watercolor paper
and that also looked awesome!

I decided to do a masculine version of the 'striping' on watercolor paper.

I absolutely LOVE how this turned out! (is that ok to say about your
own card?) I used 3 blue and 2 green ink pads. Swiped them across 
some watercolor paper. Spritzed it with some water and then dried
it with the heat tool. I love that each time you do this you can get
a different look.


There's been talk on StampNation about getting good coverage with
 navy blue inks so I was encouraged to try the Midnight Muse ink
from Stampin' Up. I love how it looks - I'm so sad it's retiring :(

I added a few brads that I touched up with a Midnight Muse marker.
This is such an easy card to make but it really packs a punch!

supplies:
card stock: whisper white, midnight muse, watercolor paper
stamp set: really good greetings, motorcycle (?)
inks: midnight muse, pacific point, bermuda bay, old olive,
         pear pizzazz
embellishments: brads (?)

Happy Stampin'
and thanks for visiting!!

Comments

Michelle said…
Very cool technique. Thanks for sharing how you did it. Great masculine card!