Thanks a Latte!

I chose to keep this card as clean and simple as I could
while showcasing the inlaid die-cutting technique.
I love how it turned out!


I'm submitting this to the Simon Says Stamps challenge blog.
The theme is coffee or tea. I imagine the cup on my card to 
be full of a hot chai tea latte - YUMM! 



Here's a close up of the inlaid die-cutting technique. It's looking 
a little washed out (need to work on my photography skills), but
you get the idea. 


Die cut the image twice - once on the background piece and once
again out of the paper you want to put in the background piece.
Be sure to save the little bits and pieces from the background
so as to fill in the gaps when piecing it back together. I used
scotch tape to hold everything in place and then adhered it to the
card base. 

It's kind of like a puzzle and I love puzzles which is probably
why I love this technique.


supplies:
from Stampin' Up! unless noted
card stock: whisper white, crumb cake, real red
stamp set: All You Need is Coffee (My Creative Time)
ink: early espresso
big shot: All You Need is Coffee coordinating die (My Creative Time)


Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!


Comments

Sandra said…
Such a fun card! Love the coffee cup and the sentiment is perfect! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra