What an Angel!

I can't believe another week has already gone by and no time to
stamp! I realized on Friday night that I hadn't made my card for this
weeks challenge at Christmas Card Challenges. OOPS. 



I ran into my craft room with an idea for an angelic looking card 
only to realize the stamp that I thought was an angel was a dove...
now what????
I checked my digital images and all I had there was a tooth fairy
looking angel - my daughter looked at it and said NO! So I made
a cup of chai and off to the internet I went. 

After about 20 minutes I decided to do this little angel sitting in
a cup of eggnog. It reminded me of when my girls were little and 
how much they loved to have eggnog at Christmas time.  
I found it here - a free coloring page website



I grabbed my new prismacolor pencil crayons and started coloring.
I just noticed now that I didn't color the patch on his gown. oh well.
I used some iridescent ice embossing powder to add some sparkle to
his wings and halo - doesn't show in the photo at all but it sparkles
a little in person.

I think my favorite part of making this card was having my oldest 
daughter in my craft room with me. She was home visiting for a week and
sat across from me doing her own coloring and keeping me company. 
She went home yesterday and we already miss her.

Hop on over to the Christmas Card Challenges blog and check out
what the rest of the design team has come up with to inspire you.
I look forward to seeing your cards in the gallery.

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!

visit my online store to purchase Stampin' Up! products
Have you checked out my facebook page?
Check me out on Pinterest.

supplies:
from Stampin' Up! unless noted
card stock: whisper white, basic black, marina mist
stamp set: good greetings
digital image: azcoloring
prismacolor pencil crayons
versamark ink
white embossing powder
big shot: stitched rectangle stackables (lawn fawn)
basic black baker's twine
fun foam (michaels)

Comments

Debbie said…
Your Precious Moments angel is adorable!! Sweet card!
[I can relate to last minute issues. At least you got an angel on your card... I made one but it was awful, so into the trash it went and my card is angel-less! :/ ]
laurie said…
That is such a sweet image!I love the bakers twine too!