Happy Birthday Mom

My Mom is a special lady so I knew I had to make a special card
for her birthday. I used the sketch from the current challenge at 
Freshly Made Sketches for my starting point. I also knew I was
going to do the technique where you color on the back of an image 
that was embossed on vellum. I'm sure there's a name for this
technique but I can't remember it.


I love the way the flowers look on vellum when colored this way - so
soft and pretty. And it's so easy to do too - which is another reason
it's a favorite technique. 
Here are the steps for you:
- use an embossing buddy on the vellum
- stamp image with versamark 
- apply and heat set embossing powder
- flip over and color with markers on the back
(warning - the back does not look pretty but the front sure does!)


I used a brick wall embossing folder for the background, a tiny strip 
of glimmer cardstock and a few sequins to add some sparkle. The 'happy' is
from a Christmas die by Neat & Tangled and the 'birthday' was designed 
a fantastic stamp set - check it out!



Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!


visit my online store to purchase Stampin' Up! products
Have you checked out my facebook page?
Check me out on Pinterest.

supplies:
from Stampin' Up! unless noted
cardstock: whisper white, basic black, vellum, silver glimmer paper 
stamp set: Peony Bouquet (Altenew), Young at Heart (CAS-ual Fridays for SOA)
markers: melon mambo, wild wasabi
ink: versamark, memento tuxedo black
white embossing powder
big shot: brick wall EF,  Happy Holidays (Neat & Tangled), stitched stackable rectangles (lawn fawn)
sequins (Lucy's Cards)





Comments

Jen Mitchell said…
This is gorgeous! The back may not look so great but the front is fabbo! I love how you surrounded part of the sentiment with glimmer paper and the brick background gives this some great texture. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!
Susan Powell said…
Thank you very much Jen :) It's always a fun technique to do because it's easy and there's such pretty results :)
Absolutely gorgeous! I adore the softness to this flower with the colour you've used - it looks stunning against all that white! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!