Masculine Monday #12


I tried a background technique that I learned from one of the ladies
 at StampNation - thank you Malene or your great tutorial!



Here are the steps:
  • cover a piece of cardstock with some tinfoil
  • place the tinfoil piece inside an embossing folder and run it through your big shot (it looks great at this point and could easily be used now)
  • drag your versamark ink pad across the top - I tried to not cover the whole piece with ink.
  • cover with embossing powder and heat set
  • repeat the last two steps with different colored embossing powders until you get the look you're going for
I used 3 different colors of embossing powder - 
copper, black and early espresso.

I don't remember where I got the stamp from - I've removed it from the block and have an awful memory - if you know, could you please leave me a comment.


I performed some stamp surgery on one of the sentiments from 
Noteworthy 2 by STAMPlorations. I remember when cutting apart a stamp to use in separate pieces would put me into a sweat - now I don't give it a second thought. I highly recommend it!

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!


visit my online store to purchase Stampin' Up! products
Have you checked out my facebook page?
Check me out on Pinterest.

supplies:
from Stampin' Up! unless noted
cardstock: soft suede, basic black, whisper white
stamp set: dirt bike rider (?), sentiment - Noteworthy 2 (STAMPlorations)
ink: midnight (CP Designs), soft suede, soft sky, versamark
embossing folder: Hexagons Dynamic, stitched stackable rectangles (lawn fawn)
embossing powders: vopper, black, early espresso
tinfoil (from my kitchen)
pencil crayons (prismacolor)
foam sheet (Michaels)

Comments