Gingerbread Dreams

The theme at Christmas Card Challenges this week is 
Gingerbread houses.

I have nothing that resembles gingerbread houses or gingerbread
people in any way. I thought about paper-piecing one together but
I quickly lost interest in that idea lol. 
Sooooo I went online and googled gingerbread houses coloring 
pages and found a ton of free images.
Jackpot!




I printed the image out on some watercolor paper and then grabbed my
 Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers, my Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen 
and did some coloring.
I started by adding a little bit of marker color and then used the 
sparkle pen to spread the color. It doesn't show well in the photo but
the whole house has a sparkle to it.

For the roof and the door overhang I used dazzling diamonds.
 For the areas that I wanted snow I used a glue pen, added some 
Chunky White Deep Impressions Embossing Enamel and then heat set it.

Easy peasy and relaxing too - I mean, who doesn't like to color?





Now it's your turn.
Check out the rest of the DT's cards HERE and then I hope you'll
be inspired to join us in the challenge.

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!


visit my online store to purchase Stampin' Up! products
Have you checked out my facebook page?
Check me out on Pinterest.
I'm on Instagram as spowell1963

supplies:
from Stampin' Up! unless noted
cardstock: whisper white thick, basic black
watercolor paper (Canson 140lb cold press)
image: Gingerbread house (Cool2BKids.com)
stamp set: Holly Jolly Greetings
ink: midnight (CP Designs)
markers: Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers
Dazzling Diamonds
Chunky White Deep Impression Embossing Enamel (Stampendous)
Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen

Comments

Michelle W said…
Ooh I love your gingerbread house Susan!
Susan Powell said…
Thank you Michelle :)