Less is More Masculine Birthday



I was looking for some inspiration this morning when I came across the current challenge at Less is More. The theme is vehicles and a OLC. When I saw the challenge I instantly had an idea. 

I wanted to use the masking technique and try an create a scene for a masculine card. It took a few tries before I decided I was trying to add too much detail - more than I have the skills for but something I want to learn how to do.

I did use the masking technique to create this card but kept it very simple. I used one of the new Catherine Pooler inks called Black Jack - LOVE that color!! I love the simplicity of b&w with the yellow sun. 

I'm also playing along with the anything goes challenge at Seize the Birthday



 


Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!



supplies:
stamps: The Journey (Tim Holtz), In The Meadow (SU), Kinda Eclectic (SU), Keep on Truckin' (Taylored Expressions)
ink: Black Jack (CP Designs), Daffodil Delight (SU)
paper: whisper white thick (SU)
accessories: stamping mask paper (Inkadinkado)

visit my online store to purchase Stampin' Up! products
Have you checked out my facebook page?
Check me out on Pinterest.
I'm on Instagram as spowell1963

Comments

Sue said…
What a fabulous men's card, Susan. And one layer too! I like the limited colour palette and the sentiment is great.
Sazzle Dazzle said…
A brilliant scene and so perfectly masked and stamped all the more effective in the monochromatic colours with that gorgeous pop of yellow sunshine. Great idea thanks for joining us at Less is More this week.
Neets B said…
I love cards that are black/white and one other colour, and that yellow of the sun is perfect for this fab scene. Wonderfully executed.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x
Mac Mable said…
Yes I love the black and white with the pop of yellow too. Great masculine card and great scene making x
Claudia said…
Hi Susan, what a great birthday card. Love your car and the little scene you created. The effect of black&white with just one colour looks great and your sentiment is so great.
Hugs Claudia
cotnob said…
A fabulous card, a brilliant vintage image and great sentiment.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x
Susan Powell said…
Thank you Pauline :)
Patti said…
Wow! I love the black and white with a pop of color! this is a fantastic card : )

Thanks a bunch for joining us at Seize The Birthday!

Patti