Masculine Monday #34


The background piece was so much fun and easy to make that I've made quite a few different ones. They're all sitting on my desk waiting to be made into cards.



I used my zig watercolor brushes (they've been feeling a little neglected lately) and an acrylic block. You could use regular ink pads, distress inks - really whatever ink you want. I sporadically covered the block with 4 different colors and then gave it a few sprays of water. 
Next I flipped it over onto some watercolor card stock and held it for a few seconds so the ink could absorb into the paper a bit. 

Now this part is important! Make sure to lift the block straight up off the paper otherwise you will drag your ink across the colored piece - unless that is the look you are going for then by all means drag away lol

If you're a patient person you can let this dry on its own but if you're like me, then you'll probably hit it with a heat tool.



A couple of weeks ago I shared a card with a mustache that I had cut on my aunt's Circut machine. You can see that card HERE. We cut these sunglasses from her Circut machine as well. I layered up 5 white ones and one grey one on top. I added some crystal effects to the top layer - didn't turn out like I'd hoped but that may be because I tried to hurry the drying time up.

Tip: if you are using crystal effects allow yourself LOTS of time for it to dry - preferably over night and you may not get the little bubbles that I got.

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!


supplies:
stamps: CL582 (Hero Arts)
ink: Olive Green, Green Gray, Mid-Green and Gray Brown (Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers), Soft Suede (SU), Versamark (SU)
paper: watercolor paper (Canson cold press 140lb), soft suede (SU), smoky slate (SU)
accessories: crystal effects (SU), stitched stackable rectangles (lawn fawn), white embossing powder (SU), craft foam (Michaels)


visit my online store to purchase Stampin' Up! products
Have you checked out my facebook page?
Check me out on Pinterest.
I'm on Instagram as spowell1963

Comments

Pam Sparks said…
YES! you can say that! There is nothing better than being happy with a card at the end of the process...unless...well, it's being happy with the photo too! lol Fabulous card! Inspiring!