Where to Find Inspiration?

Inspiration comes from everywhere! 
It could be a pattern on a piece of clothing, the field
of flowers you see on a drive, a trip to the playground,
a cute puppy, a child's toy, something someone says,
how you feel, a thought, a memory, a song, a photograph,
a painting... You get the idea.
Inspiration comes from everywhere!

The inspiration for this card came from the StampNation
logo that is displayed on the top of this page.

Sometimes you start out with one idea when making a
card and you end up with something completely different. 
That's what happened with this card.

I knew I wanted to have the globe on my card but my
original idea didn't work with the overall look I was going
for. I softened up the look of the globe but still wasn't
sure what to do with the rest of the card.
The embossed arrow was something that was left over
from a different card and happened to be poking out of a
pile of papers. When I pulled that out, the rest of the
card just fell into place.


The sponging over the globe doesn't show as well as I would have liked.
I used coastal cabana and pistachio pudding, but they 
look a little 'muddy' in the photo :(


recipe:
all products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted
card stock: whisper white, basic black, tempting turquoise 
core'dinations card stock: coastal cabana, pistachio pudding, strawberry slush
stamp sets: the open sea, and an inkadinkado set (name ?)
ink: stazOn, coastal cabana, pistachio pudding,
rich razzleberry, real red, pumpkin pie, marina mist,
daffodil delight, melon mambo
big shot: arrows EF
embellishments: pool party twine (SAB), basic pearls

Happy Stampin'

Comments