Stampin' Celebration

A friend of mine from StampNation was named
to the design team over at Stampin' Celebration.
Congratulations Heather North!  

When I saw the inspiration photo for the challenge at 
Stampin' Celebration, I knew I had to play along.
It's beautiful isn't it!


and here is my card


It was a little overcast when I took the picture - the white 
is actually much whiter than it appears in the photo -

I knew I wanted to keep the card simple.  I love the flower
from Stampin' Ups Love & Sympathy stamp set and the big, bold
greetings from CAS-ual Fridays Wonderful Words stamp set so I 
thought I'd pair the two together.

The flower stamp only has one flower on the image but with
the help of a stamp-a-ma-jig it was easy to add another
flower to the top.

I inked up the edges of all the card stock with a little bit
of wisteria wonder. It helps to separate the layers, to give 
more dimension to the overall card and to soften the look.


supplies:
all from Stampin' Up unless noted
card stock: whisper white, wisteria wonder
stamp set: love and sympathy, wonderful words (cas-ual fridays)
ink: wisteria wonder, elegant eggplant, wild wasabi, early espresso
big shot: decorative dots EF

Happy Stampin'
and thanks for visiting!

Comments

Kristie Goulet said…
Very pretty card, Susan! Love that sentiment!
Bonnie said…
I love how you've stamped this flower twice! A beautiful card, Susangail!
Cori Kozak said…
This is so pretty! I love the flowers and the sweet sentiment over it! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Celebration!!
Susan Powell said…
Thank you ladies - the inspiration photo made it easy to create for this challenge
Unknown said…
Your card is just so lovely Susan. I like the way you skewed the back panel... I haven't really been brave enough to do it... I always think it looks cattywhompus... which is actually the point isn't it? Thanks for playing along at Stampin' Celebration!
Heather North said…
Oh so pretty, Susan! You already know I love anything purple, so it's no surprise I love your card. The way you've offset the background rectangle add such nice visual interest. Thank you for continuing to inspire me with every card you make. I'm so glad you joined us at Stampin' Celebration!