Two for One

I combined two challenges on one card.


The color challenge over at ColourQ...


...and a sketch challenge at Try Stampin' On Tuesday
with a masculine touch.


I used basic gray, coastal cabana, calypso coral but
I didn't have apricot appeal so I substituted with crushed curry.
I don't consider this card just 'masculine' or just 'feminine',
I think it could work for both.


I like all the texture that the big shot embossing folders
can add to a card and I LOVE the look that the label from
my new label maker gives this card too.
Sponging is one of my favorite techniques. It
gives a look of softness that offsets all the straight lines -
they balance each other.

supplies:
card stock: whisper white, basic gray, coastal cabana
stamp set: wetlands
ink: basic gray, coastal cabana, calypso coral, crushed curry, stazon
big shot embossing folders: argyle, stripes, decorative dots
others: label maker

Happy Stampin'
and thanks for visiting!




Comments

Anonymous said…
Love that label sentiment! Beautiful card!
Gorgeous creation, love the colours & the sentiment looks great!

Thank you for sharing with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx
Lee-Anne said…
Love how you used the colors, Susangail! Love that sponged background! So cool how you used the label maker for your sentiment!
stampwithamyk said…
Fabulous card! That image is one of my very favorites, beautiful sponging too! Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday. Hope to see you again soon!
Kathy S said…
Love the horizon line you've created on this card. So beautiful. Makes me want to be back in California on the beach.
Rose said…
beautiful and i love the sky you created!! :) So glad you joined us on Try Stampin' on Tuesday this week!
Susan Powell said…
Thanks so much ladies :)
Lisa Elton said…
Lovely card, your sky reminds me of a sunset! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ!
Sylvia said…
What a lovely water color scene, Susan! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ.