Peace & Comfort

I decided to take a break from Christmas cards today and
make something different. I didn't have a theme in mind
when I started out but it ended up a sympathy card.


I saw the sketch challenge over at CAS(E) this Sketch and 
thought instantly of a stencil that was part of Catherine Pooler's
Stamp of Approval collection box. It's perfect for the challenge.

I used Evergreen Bough, Salty Ocean and Peacock Feathers 
distress inks from Tim Holtz to sponge the background.
The stamp set is called Beanstalks from CAS-ual Fridays -
 I colored in the leaves with some of the same inks using a 
blender pen.
A few sequins and some bakers twine finishes it off.




Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!


visit my online store to purchase Stampin' Up! products
Have you checked out my facebook page?
Check me out on Pinterest.


Comments

Linda Callahan said…
Wow I love the stenciled background! The black accent is perfect!
Leigh Penner said…
Oh, this is so peaceful and lovely! Wonderful take on the sketch!