Cozy, Warm & Bright

 This week at Christmas Card Challenges we're making cards
with Christmas lights. Who doesn't like to look at Christmas lights?
Some people really go all out and do their whole house and yard
and rooftops and driveways.... they do it all. I'm a fan of
the simple white lights. Some people say 'boring!' but I like
it. My husband prefers the colored lights but lets me have my way
every Christmas. The tree and the house are both done with white.
So this card is for him.
But I just had an idea for another card.....




I used the Sparkle String die from Penny black and painted the lights in
with some really cheap dollar store paints. I was curious how it would
turn out. While there are definitely some better paints out there these
were fun to play with. And with some more practice I think it could look
much better. I think I just challenged myself :) Any excuse to play!


Now it's your turn. Pop on over and check out what the rest of the ladies
on the DT have created to inspire you. I hope to see you in the gallery!

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!


visit my online store to purchase Stampin' Up! products
Have you checked out my facebook page?
Check me out on Pinterest.

supplies:
from Stampin' Up! unless noted
card stock: whisper white, basic black
stamp set: cl722 (Hero Arts)
big shot: Sparkle String die (Penny Black)
ink: memento tuxedo black
paints (dollar store)
fun foam (Michaels)

Comments

laurie said…
I love this Susan..what an awesome die...now it's on my list!
laurie said…
I love this Susan..what an awesome die...now it's on my list!
Thank you Laurie :) I have so many on my list lately that it scares me sometimes haha
Donna Ellis said…
I'm with you! Love the pretty colored lights... on other people's trees... but always prefer the whites on my decorations. Your card is darling, Susan, and I love the dimension you have achieved! Thanks for inspiring me today! hugs, de