Masculine Monday #4

It's Monday and that means it's time for another masculine card. 



This week I went with a monochromatic color scheme. The clean and graphic design of the designer paper pairs well with the rectangle die cut panel. Both have crisp hard lines to them which works well for masculine cards.

I used my MISTI from My Sweet Petunia to stamp the image and the sentiment. I knew I wouldn't be able to get the deep black that I wanted by stamping the image just once. Using the MISTI allowed me to stamp both the image and the sentiment 3 times which made for a very solid and crisp image.

Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!


visit my online store to purchase Stampin' Up! products
Have you checked out my facebook page?
Check me out on Pinterest.

supplies:
from Stampin' Up! unless noted
cardstock: whisper white
dsp: Urban Underground
stamp sets: The Journey (Tim Holtz), Keep on Truckin' (Taylored Expressions)
ink: memento tuxedo black
big shot: stitched stackable rectangles (lawn fawn)
MISTI (My Sweet Petunia)
foam sheet (Michaels)

Comments

Unknown said…
Wow I am just amazed at how far you have come you are an amazing designer just love all your cards♥ Was it scary when you first started doing challenges? When I get good I want to be just like you♥
Susan Powell said…
Oh my gosh Linda - Thank you!!! It's because of you and all the other sistahs at SN that I started challenges and my blog. It was definitely scary at first - putting yourself out there for criticism but you know what - stampers are always so kind and sweet. Don't sell yourself short girl! You are good! You should enter challenges too - find one to start and just commit to yourself to do it. The first challenge I ever entered besides the SN challenges was one at Merry Monday - It's a Christmas card challenge - I figured it was helping me to also get my cards made for the year - a win/win situation for me.