CAS(E) this Sketch!



I started out making a card for the CAS(E) this Sketch! challenge. I knew I wanted to use the swoop stencil from Catherine Pooler Designs. I masked off a rectangle and sponged on 3 different blue inks from Tim Holtz.
I love all the little swoopy swoops!

From there it went downhill. 
I didn't have a clear picture in mind when I started and it shows. Too many patterns, too many colors all fighting with each other to be the main focus of the card. I was going to throw it away when I decided to give it another try.



I used a sentiment from the Sentiment Collection from Penny Black. I die cut 2 circles the same size, stamped on one and with some craft foam layered in between them I added it to the card base. 
I felt it needed something else so I added some tiny strips of black card stock to frame it all in.

I'm glad I didn't throw the original in the trash. 
I like how this one turned out.


Check out the CAS(E) this Sketch! challenge HERE.




Happy Stampin'
and thanks so much for visiting!


supplies:
stamps: Sentiment Collection (Penny Black), YAY Stripes! (CP Designs)
ink: midnight (CP Designs), broken china distress oxide ink (Tim Holtz),
       salty ocean and chipped sapphire distress inks (Tim Holtz)
paper: whisper white thick (SU), basic black (SU)
accessories: swoop stencil (CP Designs), stitched shapes framelits (SU), stitched stackable                                rectangles (lawn fawn), craft foam (Michaels)

visit my online store to purchase Stampin' Up! products
Have you checked out my facebook page?
Check me out on Pinterest.
I'm on Instagram as spowell1963

Comments

Leigh Penner said…
I love your stencilled background! Great take on the sketch!
Mac Mable said…
Glad you persevered as this is such a gorgeous card with great use of the stencil and blending x
Sherry Espinoza said…
I think your revised plan turned out perfectly. This one caught my attention right away. Love it!